Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 “Future’s Legacy”
Fifty years since its unveiling at the Geneva Motor Show, the legendary Lamborghini Countach is making headlines again with a limited-series hybrid supercar celebrating the visionary design that revolutionized modern sports cars forever and laid the foundations of the Lamborghini legacy. This is the new Countach LPI 800-4. Inspired by the past, made for the future.
Perfect proportions and a futuristic style. The daring, disruptive design that has inspired generations of supercars lives on in this commemorative version, of which only 112 units will be manufactured. The clean lines, the rear longitudinal position of the V12 engine and the iconic scissor doors, now reinterpreted with even sharper edges, make it instantly recognizable and revolutionary at the same time. Exclusive trims have been designed to reflect the car’s unique DNA, such as the solid heritage colors Giallo Countach and Impact White, along with contemporary metallic colors such as Viola Pasifae and Blu Uranus.
The low, geometric cabin of the Countach LPI 800-4 complements the lines of the exterior, expressing a new design that amplifies the sensation of being in a car from the future. An exclusive range of single-color, two-color and carbon fiber trims preserve the elemental yet unconventional style of a timeless classic. The car’s unique style speaks to you from every angle and combines beautifully with luxury Italian craftsmanship and cutting-edge technology.
FEEL THE ENGINE
As well as its breathtaking aesthetics, the car offers top-level performance, powered by its 780 CV V12 engine that guarantees a driving experience like no other.
The hypermodern design of the new Countach LPI 800-4, which reflects the original aesthetic principles of the iconic V12 model, is further enhanced through a wide range of special trims.
- ENGINEV12, 60°, MPI (Multi Point Injection)
- DISPLACEMENT6,498 cm³ (396.5 cu in)
- BORE X STROKE95 mm x 76.4 mm (3.74 x 3.01 in)
- COMPRESSION RATIO11.8 ± 0.2
- MAX. POWER785 CV (577 kW) @ 8,500 rpm
- MAX. TORQUE720 Nm @ 6,750 rpm
- LUBRIFICATION SYSTEMDry sump
- EMISSION CLASSEuro 6 – LEV 3
- SUPERCAPACITOR TENSION SUPPLY48V
- SUPERCAPACITOR POWER DENSITY2.400 W/kg
- MAX OPERATING CURRENT600A
- MAX. POWER34 CV
- MAX. TORQUE35 Nm
- E-MACHINE WEIGHT + SUPERCAPACITOR34 kg
- COMBINED POWER819 CV
- TRANSMISSION TYPEElectronically controlled all-wheel drive system (Haldex gen. IV) with rear mechanical self-locking differential
- GEARBOXISR (Independent Shifting Rods) gearbox with 7 speeds, shifting characteristic depending on drive select mode, electric motor works during the shifting and as boost
- MAX. SPEED355 km/h
- ACCELERATION 0-100 KM/H (0-62 MPH)2.8 s
- ACCELERATION 0-200 KM/H (0-124 MPH)8.6 s
- BRAKING 100-0 KM/H (62-0 MPH)30 m
BODY AND CHASSIS
- CHASSISCarbon fiber monocoque with aluminum front and rear frames
- BODYFull carbon fiber body
- TOP ROOFElectrochromic glass fixed on the monocoque roof
- MIRRORSElectrically operated, heated and foldable
- AERODYNAMICSNew active areo electrically powered
- FRONT RIMS9”J X 20” H2
- REAR RIMS13”JX21” H2
- FRONT TIRESP Zero Corsa 255/30 ZR 20 92Y
- REAR TIRESP Zero Corsa 355/25 ZR 21 107Y
STEERING AND SUSPENSION
- CONTROL SYSTEMElectronic Stability Control (integrated ABS and TCS)
- SUSPENSIONSPush rod magneto rheologic active front and rear suspension with horizontal dampers and springs
- STEERING TYPE / STEERING SYSTEMLDS (Lamborghini Dynamic Steering) with variable steering ratio
- BRAKESDual hydraulic circuit brake system with vacuum brake booster; front and rear CCB (6-cylinder brake calipers, 4-cylinder brake calipers)
- AIRBAGSFront dual stage driver airbag and front adaptive passenger airbag; seats with side “head-thorax” airbags; knee airbags in selected markets
- LENGTH4,870 mm
- WIDTH (EXCLUDING MIRRORS)2,099 mm
- WIDTH (INCLUDING MIRRORS)2,265 mm
- HEIGHT1,139 mm
- WHEELBASE2,700 mm
- DRY WEIGHT1,595 kg (3,516 lb)
- WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION43 / 57
- CONSUMPTION / COMBINED CONSUMPTIONUnder homologation
- EMISSIONSUnder homologation
ELECTRIC ENGINE/INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE
Equipped with the same remarkable hybrid motor group as the Sián FKP 37 and the Sián Roadster, the new Countach LPI 800-4 boasts a 780 CV (574 kW) combustion engine that delivers the stunning performance for which Lamborghini’s naturally aspirated V12 is renowned.
4-WHEEL STEERING SYSTEM
The exceptional combination of the Lamborghini Dynamic and Rear-wheel Steering systems enables the Countach LPI 800-4 to deliver top-level, dynamic performance with greater agility at low speeds and optimum stability and control at higher speeds. How does this work? The LDS system adapts to both the speed and the selected driving mode, moving between direct steering and a more indirect mode, while the LRS system manages the rear steering axle by means of two electromechanical actuators. The result is a unique and exhilarating driving experience.
4-WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM
The new Countach LPI 800-4 has an all-wheel drive system optimized to work specifically with all the new dynamic systems, in particular the Rear-wheel Steering. When grip is otherwise reduced, this innovative system provides excellent performance, assuring the driver of maximum reliability from the Pirelli P Zero tires. Finally, the torque distribution between the front and rear axles changes dynamically depending on the selected driving mode and road conditions.
4-WHEEL ACTIVE SUSPENSION
On the Countach LPI 800-4, the front and rear magnetorheological shock absorbers with pushrod system can adapt the suspension to road conditions and the chosen driving mode. Developed to work with the Rear-wheel Steering system, this suspension system provides ideal response to any conditions and mitigates unwanted chassis movement or rolling.